Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day Four: Orlando

Theresa Neuhoff Audia, a sportswriter at The News-Herald, will be blogging while on her trip to Orlando, Florida from Jan. 21-28.

This morning, we were all set to go on a hot air balloon ride through the Orlando Balloon Rides, but it was postponed until Thursday due to weather.
We went to plan 'B' and decided to workout and hit the pool instead. 
It was another perfect day. The temperature reached 83 degrees. My mom called me from her home near Cleveland to remind me it was still snowing there.
It made me appreciate the sunshine all day long.
At the pool, we met a nice couple from Atlanta who told us to check out Downtown Disney. We didn't realize the exciting entertainment district was less than two miles from our resort.
We arrived around 6 p.m. and had dinner at Fulton's Crab House. My husband ordered the stuffed Rhode Island lobster. I ordered the seafood platter which included scallops and crab-stuffed shrimp. With drinks, an appetizer and tip, the dinner came to over $150. But it was well worth it.
Afterward, we walked around Downtown Disney which is divided into three sections - Pleasure Island, Marketplace and West Side. Even though it was a Tuesday night, it was packed with people.
What was most exciting about Downtown Disney was the different cultures all mixed into one. In one corner of the entertainment center, we heard country music. In another, we heard a band playing motown. From restaurant to restaurant, each one had its own unique theme.
It didn't cost anything to walk around Downtown Disney which was a plus.
So far, Orlando has proven to be a hot vacation spot. It's not just about Disney, but so much more. If there's something you've always wanted to do, you can find it in Orlando.
Early tomorrow morning, I'm going to do another activity I've never done.
I'm going hang gliding for the first time in my life at Wallaby Ranch.
Earlier today, I watched a video in which Al Roker of the Today show went hang gliding at Wallaby Ranch. It made me that much more excited to take the ride.
I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.
For now, I'm exhausted after a busy non-stop day.
Here's to a fun-filled vacation so far in Orlando.
The trip has exceeded all of my expectations.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia

















-Theresa Neuhoff Audia 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home