Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Ready for adventure in Orlando

Theresa Neuhoff Audia will be blogging about her trip to Orlando, Florida which begins on Jan. 21 and ends Jan. 28. She is a sportswriter at The News-Herald, but loves traveling just as much at NH travel writer Janet Podolak.

I may not be Janet Podolak, but I may love travel just as much as her.
My name is Theresa Neuhoff Audia and I'm a sportswriter at The News-Herald.
Tomorrow, my husband Dan and I leaving for Orlando, Florida.
Janet has been kind enough to put me in contact with some knowledgeable people from Visit Orlando who have helped me plan a few exciting adventures.
On my trip, I'm going to be blogging every day to keep you updated on what's going on. It's hard to believe my suitcase is packed full of bathing suits, dresses and shorts since it's about to snow here any minute.
Packing in the middle of winter for a sunny place is exciting. I think I've been excited since the moment I knew I was going on this trip. Who wouldn't be?
Part of the reason I'm excited to go to Orlando is because my youngest sister Mary lives there. She is 10 years younger than me and already has a full agenda planned for Sunday night. It will be fun, I'm sure and I don't even know what we will be doing yet.
Here's what the rest of our week looks like:
Saturday: arrive, grocery shop, settle in
Sunday: out with my sister
Monday: Discovery Cove, an all inclusive, reservations only tropical island oasis. While at Discovery Cove, Dan and I will also be taking the underwater Sea Venture.
Tuesday: Hot air balloon ride at Orlando Balloon Rides
Wednesday: Hang gliding at Wallaby Ranch
Thursday: Orlando Magic vs. Boston Celtics game (I think my husband is most excited about this event).
We also plan on going to Universal Studios, possibly zip line over alligators, SeaWorld and whatever else we can fit in.
So here's a final goodbye from Ohio.
The next time I'll be talking to you, I'll be in warm, sunny Orlando, Florida.

-Theresa Neuhoff Audia
























Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home