Blogs > News-Herald Food and Travel

Food and travel captivate Janet Podolak, who chronicles both for The News-Herald. Get the back story of her three decades of stories here. Guest bloggers and fellow News-Herald staffers also periodically share details of their trips.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Taste the south of France with me




World Wines in Mentor has managed to locate some of the wonderful wines I drank during my visit to the South of France this summer and will be pouring them from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Saturday. That's Aug. 11, the day before my next South of France travel section is delivered to subscribers in their Sunday paper.

Last month I wrote about a walk among the vineyards at Morgues du Gres and how astonishing it was to experience the aromas of wild fennel, roses, thyme, rosemary and other wonderful scents among the vineyards and olive trees. When we returned to the winery  for our tasting we could taste those very same flavors- part of what the French called terroir.
Click  on these links to see those stories

 http://tinyurl.com/btv9txk

http://tinyurl.com/bqhxeys


I'm looking forward to tasting that wine again in Mentor and wonder whether it will taste the same.

Ill bring my laptop and a great DVD showing scenes  from the South of France, including some of the places Ive written about.  I'll be ready to talk travel, terroir and whatever else comes up among those who join me at the wine shop, 8760 Mentor Ave.

Then you'll be able to read about the Canal du Midi and Carcassonne, two other pieces in the puzzle that's terroir. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home